Master Anthony Stafford is the Director of Training for Saeng Jeon Do. He has been consistently training in the martial arts for over 28 years while receiving several master rankings in various styles. Master Stafford is passionate about training and focuses on the technical aspect of the material while utilizing functional-based techniques.
Some of his martial art rankings and training include:
- 7th Dan Saeng Jeon Do
- 7th Dan Rick Jessee Martial Arts
- 6th Dan Chun Moo Kwan Hapkido
- 6th Dan Sung Jado
- 4th Dan Ching Sai Do
- Blue belt- Mike Bentley Gracie Jiu Jitsu
- Master rank membership- P.R.O.M.M.A.
- Iron Spirit Martial Arts Master Instructor
- Balintiwak- Bobby Taboada – Completion of the Art Level Six
Master Stafford has been an active law enforcement officer for over 28 years and currently a Lieutenant with the Catawba County Sheriffs Office and supervises the Criminal Investigations Division. He served on the S.T.A.R. (Special Tactics and Response) team for over ten years as a sniper and entry team member. Currently, he is the supervisor of Hostage/Crisis Negotiation Team. Also, he proudly served as member of the prestigious Honor Guard/Drill Team and competed in the annual Washington DC Police Week National Honor Guard Competition.
Master Stafford is also an adjunct instructor with the North Carolina Justice Academy where teaches Subject Control and Arrest Techniques, Officer Safety Readiness Training, and the Basic Hostage Negotiations program. Recently, he was appointed as a member to the Subject Control Arrest Techniques Committee that is responsible for the development, revision, and implementation of the defensive tactics program to all of the officers within the State of North Carolina.
He has instructor certifications in:
- General Instructor certification with the State of North Carolina
- Subject Control and Arrest Techniques
- Subject Control and Arrest Techniques for Detention Officers
- Officer Safety Readiness Training
- Carlson Gracie, Jr. Advanced and Basic Ground Defense
- ASP baton and handcuffing
- Less Lethal (Chemical & Impact Munitions)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Driving Instructor
Master Anthony Stafford and Grand Master Floyd Yoder provide the day-to-day management of our Saeng Jeon Do organization. We are constantly examining methods to properly deliver functional-based training to our members while remaining on the cutting edge of development by consistently attending various training in seminars and other martial arts.